Wednesday, November 11, 2009

melted crayons.

So a while ago I found some canvas board floting around my room this inspired the use of crayons and I got an idea...MELTED CRAYON ART......After a trip to wall-mart and the purchase of a box of rose art crayons (the ones that are too waxy to color with) I started melting; crayons that is.
I spent a fun night with a lighter and stick melting crayons into interesting shapes. If the colored wax was melty enough I would blow on it with a straw. I also tipped my canvas so the crayon would run every which way. I had alot of fun!
After I did this: (picture to the left) I set the whole thing in the oven and forgot about it. All the crayon melted off! It left a kind of brown color on the canvas and i mourned the loss of my artwork. Good thing I had a camera! It was definitely a fun experiment and I encourage you all to play with crayons more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment